Focus Area 4 : Strategies for keeping safe
Parents and Carers can support their child to:
- practise telling a trusted adult a problem
- practise saying their name, address and telephone number
- regularly review their trusted networks to ensure they include people that they know will listen to them and help them
- practise solving problems in a range of environments, eg use puppet play or role modelling situations and resolutions
- practise assertive language such as ‘No’ or ‘Stop, I don’t like it when you…’
- be persistent, especially when seeking help (to keep asking for help until a trusted adult helps them).