Position Vacant – Temporary Teacher
PRIMARY / FULL TIME / TEMPORARY/ STARTING 1 January 2020
APPLICATIONS CLOSING DATE: 15 November 2019
This is a full time temporary teaching position in the middle to upper years commencing 01 January 2020, replacing a teacher on leave.
Mary’s Mount Primary School is a single stream co-educational Primary School positioned in the Hills of Perth and only 30 minutes from the Perth CBD. Mary’s Mount was opened in 1921 by the Sisters of St Joseph of the Apparition. The school caters for children from Three Year Old Kindergarten to Year Six and has a very strong relationship with the local parish and its community.
Applications are sought from suitably qualified trained, dynamic, professional and creative teachers committed to the pursuit of educational excellence to be part of a collaborative team.
– Have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
– Utilise student data to inform teaching, learning and provision for explicit and differentiated instruction that engages all learners
– Have a desire to help their students reach their full potential
– Understand the importance of developing positive relations with children, staff, parents and the wider community, and can demonstrate evidence of such actions
– Is able to work collaboratively as part of an energetic and capable team
– Experience with digital literacy teaching and technology is highly desirable
– Knowledge and application of Talk 4 Wrting would be preferred
– Possess above average ICT skills with a willingness to learn new technology to enhance the teaching and learning in the classroom. Must be confident in both Microsoft and Apple
– Understand the importance of contributing to the life of the school beyond their immediate classroom, and can demonstrate evidence of such contributions
– Have a commitment to extra curricular activities and other school based activities within a Catholic School
– Have a sense of humour and is a positive, enthusiastic and dynamic teacher
Please Note: A Parish Priest reference to be included in your CV.
Have a relevant 4 year tertiary qualification
Have Accreditation to Teach Religious Education
Working With Children
CEWA Website – 6 November 2019
School Website – 6 November 2019
Applications Close – 15 November 2019
Short Listing – 18 November 2019
Applicants Notified of interview – 18 November 2019
Interviews – 21 November 2019
Successful applicant notified – 21 November 2019
Unsuccessful applicants shortlisted notified – 22 November 2019
Should circumstances require it, the proposed timeline may be varied and applicants advised accordingly.
Please note if you are not required to attend an interview – it will deem that you were unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest in Mary’s Mount Primary School.