Position Vacant – Teacher
PRIMARY / FULL TIME / ON-GOING / STARTING 1 January 2021
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Friday 11 September 2020
This is a full time permanent teaching position in the middle to upper years commencing 01 January 2021.
Mary’s Mount Primary School is a single stream co-educational Primary School positioned in the Hills of Perth and only 30 minutes from the Perth CBD. Mary’s Mount was opened in 1921 by the Sisters of St Joseph of the Apparition. The school caters for children from Three Year Old Kindergarten to Year Six and has a very strong relationship with the local parish and its community.
Applications are sought from suitably qualified trained, dynamic, professional and creative teachers committed to the pursuit of educational excellence to be part of a collaborative team.
* Have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
* Utilise student data to inform teaching, learning and provision for explicit and differentiated instruction that engages all learners
* Have a desire to help their students reach their full potential
* Understand the importance of developing positive relations with children, staff, parents and the wider community, and can demonstrate evidence of such actions
* Is able to work collaboratively as part of an energetic and capable team
* Experience with digital literacy teaching and technology is highly desirable
* Knowledge and application of Talk 4 Writing would be preferred
* Possess above average ICT skills with a willingness to learn new technology to enhance the teaching and learning in the classroom. Must be confident in both Microsoft and Apple
* Understand the importance of contributing to the life of the school beyond their immediate classroom, and can demonstrate evidence of such contributions
* Have a commitment to extra curricular activities and other school based activities within a Catholic School
* Have a sense of humour and is a positive, enthusiastic and dynamic teacher
Please Note: A Parish Priest reference is to be included with your CV.
Applicants must submit a full Curriculum Vitae including a covering letter addressing the selection criteria. Applicants are to include the names and contact numbers of three referees, including the current employer.
- Have a relevant 4 year tertiary qualification
- Have Accreditation to Teach Religious Education
Working With Children
Applications Close – 11 September 2020
Short Listing – 14 September 2020
Applicants Notified of interview – 14 September 2020
Interviews – 16 September 2020
Successful applicant notified – 16 September 2020
Unsuccessful applicants shortlisted notified – 17 September 2020
Should circumstances require it, the proposed timeline may be varied and applicants advised accordingly.
Please note if you are not required to attend an interview – it will deem that you were unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest in Mary’s Mount Primary School.