Position Vacant – Teacher Physed Specialist
PRIMARY / PART TIME (0.4 FTE)/ TEMPORARY/ STARTING 1 January 2020
APPLICATIONS CLOSING DATE: 29 November 2019
This is a part time temporary teaching position commencing 01 January 2020, with the possibility of it extending into the next year 2021
Mary’s Mount Primary School is a single stream co-educational Primary School positioned in the Hills of Perth and only 30 minutes from the Perth CBD. Mary’s Mount was opened in 1921 by the Sisters of St Joseph of the Apparition. The school caters for children from Three Year Old Kindergarten to Year Six and has a very strong relationship with the local parish and its community.
Applications are sought from suitably qualified trained, dynamic, professional and creative teachers committed to the pursuit of educational excellence to be part of a collaborative team.
Mary’s Mount Primary Schoool is seeking applicants who are able to demonstrate the following;
* A desire and ability to work in a team based environment, with strong collaboration and communication skills.
* Possess outstanding classroom management skills that create supportive and safe environments.
* The ability to organise and coordinate large scale events such as carnivals.
* Have a desire to help their students reach ther full potential and to suitably differentiate the curriculum based on individual student needs.
* Understand the importance of developing positive relations with children, staff, parents and the wider community, and can demonstrate evidence of such actions
* Ability to plan and assess, based on SCSA and ABLEWA outcomes.
* A high level of competency to fully utilise technology.
* Understand the importance of contributing to the life of the school beyond their immediate classroom, and can demonstrate evidence of such contributions
* Have a commitment to extra curricular activities and other school based activities within a Catholic School
* Have a sense of humour and is a positive, enthusiastic and dynamic teacher
* Be fully supportive of the Catholic ethos.
Applicants must submit a full Curriculum Vitae including a covering letter addressing the selection criteria. Applicants are to include the names and contact numbers of three referees, including the current employer.
Have a relevant 4 year tertiary qualification
Physical Education Specialist
Working With Children
CEWA Website – 15 November 2019
School Website – 15 November 2019
Applications Close – 29 November 2019
Short Listing – 2 December 2019
Applicants Notified of interview – 2 December 2019
Interviews – 5 December 2019
Successful applicant notified – 5 December 2019
Unsuccessful applicants shortlisted notified – 6 December 2019
Should circumstances require it, the proposed timeline may be varied and applicants advised accordingly.
Please note if you are not required to attend an interview – it will deem that you were unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest in Mary’s Mount Primary School.