Position Vacant – Part Time Temporary Groundsperson 0.4FTE
School Principal : Mrs Emma Bell
School Address : 47 Davies Crescent Gooseberry Hill WA 6076
Phone Number : 9290 5200
Email Address : email@example.com
Type : Part – Time 0.4FTE
Term : Temporary
We are seeking an outstanding and passionate Groundsperson to join our Team. This position is a temporary part-time position commencing January 1, 2023, with the possibility of becoming ongoing.
About Our School
Mary’s Mount Primary School is a single stream co-educational Primary School positioned in the Hills of Perth and only 30 minutes from the Perth CBD. Mary’s Mount was opened in 1921 by the Sisters of St Joseph of the Apparition. The school caters for children from Three Year Old Kindergarten to Year Six and has a strong relationship with the local parish and its community. We have a cohesive, dedicated and professional team of staff and a welcoming and inclusive school community.
Mary’s Mount Primary School is known for our capacity to provide a rigorous and holistic learning experience with a strong emphasis on pastoral care. Learning at Mary’s Mount is engaging and challenging. We seek quality educators who are Christ centered and child focused in their decision making and pedagolgical choices and have a good sense of what it means to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the ethos of the Catholic faith and mission of the school, as well as our culture of sustainability and caring for God’s earth.
- Knowledge suitable to the general maintenance of school buildings, landscaping, including mowing of grounds.
- Highly motivated, well organised and flexible in approach to work with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Respect, maintain and understand the importance of confidentiality.
- Possess a Working with Children Check Clearance.
- Possess a 100pt Check (Police Clearance with Dept of Education).
- Mandatory Reporting or willingness to undertake.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and verbal communication skills dealing with staff, students and the wider school community.
- Assist contractors and suppliers engaged to provide services to the school.
- Previous experience as a handyman / building maintenance.
- Previous experience in a school setting.
- Experience with retic maintenance.
- Experience operating a ride on mower.
- Assist with setting up significant school events.
- Compliance with workplace health and safety requirements.
- Proficiency in using digital technology.
- Accreditation to Work in a Catholic School or willingness to undertake.
- Current 1st Aid qualification
- Current drivers licence
Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, covering letter addressed to the Principal, including the names and contact numbers of three professional referees, together with your CV, Working with Children Card and 100pt Check Police Clearance (available through the Department of Education website) one of whom must be the current employer.
Please ensure your application addresses the stated selection criteria.
Delivery of Documentation by close of business at 4pm on
09/11/2022 Extended to 16/11/2022. Previous applicants need not reapply.
Subject box title: Groundsperson Application 2023
In applying for this position, you will be providing personal information to the School. This information will be used to assess your application for employment.
Catholic Education Western Australia encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, people of all ages and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Applicants must be fully supportive of the objectives and ethos of Catholic education.
On appointment successful applicants will require a Working with Children Check. Application forms are available at certain Australia Post Outlets throughout the State. A list of participating Australia Post outlets can be found on the Australia Post website. An application for a WWC must be made in person.