Position Vacant – Assistant Principal
PRIMARY / FULL TIME / TEMPORARY with the possibility of ON-GOING / STARTING 1 January 2021
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Friday 17 September 2020
Mary’s Mount Primary School is a single stream co-educational Primary School with a current enrolment of 262 students from 3 Year Old Kindergarten to Year 6, based in the Hills of Perth. We are seeking a suitably qualified, passionate and committed Assistant Principal with a dynamic skill set and a passion for staff growth and development. The successful applicant will join a vibrant school community with strong parental involvement. The school also has a commitment to improve learning outcomes for all students by developing and improving teacher effectiveness and student engagement. We are currently implementing Explicit Instruction Pedagogy across all classes. Further information along with the timeline is available below.
* Demonstrate a successful record of teaching practice that models quality pedagogy, and have comprehensive knowledge of current educational theories;
* Be highly organised and demonstrate a successful record of administrative experience, with an understanding of accountability and meeting of deadlines;
* Have an understanding of industry accountability standards and processes – EYLF, NQS, QIP, as well as experience in implementing the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and the Australian Teacher Performance and Development Framework;
* Have the ability to engage in reflective dialogue and work with staff in the development of teaching and learning (reflecting the AITSL standards) through: – observations of instruction – student work – assessment data
* Have experience in implementing the WA Curriculum and use of the SCSA judging standards across the key learning areas;
* Be able to support the Principal competently in the four domains of leadership in a Catholic School: Learning, Engagement, Accountability, Discipleship;
* Have the ability to analyse and use student data to lead staff in raising student levels of achievement, drive future focus and guide school improvement processes;
* Have a proven ability to lead staff in enhancement of instructional practices, curriculum development and professional learning with a focus on school priorities and goals;
* Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a successful record of developing positive relationships with all stakeholders;
* Possess the expertise and capacity to lead staff in ICT integration into the curriculum and have a sound knowledge of the Leading Lights digital transformation initiative;
* Be a positive and enthusiastic leader who shows initiative and is prepared to be involved in the school’s extra-curricular activities;
* Possess a high level of initiative, innovation and the ability to work as part of a collaborative and dynamic leadership team;
* Have experience in leading the school community in liturgical celebrations and guiding teachers in the implementation of the Religious Education Units of Work.
DESIRABLE EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE:
* Coordinator of Professional Learning would be an advantage;
* Experience with both Windows and Apple devices in a school setting;
* Accreditation to Lead in Religious Education or working towards Accreditation for Leadership.
* Active membership of the Catholic Church, as evidenced by a Parish Priest reference.
* Have relevant four year tertiary qualification.
* Accreditation for Leadership in a Catholic School.
* Have a minimum of seven years education experience.
Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, with an opening letter / teaching philosophy to the Principal, including names and contact numbers of three referees, one of whom must be the current employer and Parish Priest.
Working With Children
Applications Close – 17 September 2020
Short Listing – 18 September 2020
Applicants Notified of interview – 19 September 2020
Interviews – 23 September 2020
Successful applicant notified – 23 September 2020
Unsuccessful applicants shortlisted notified – 25 September 2020
Should circumstances require it, the proposed timeline may be varied and applicants advised accordingly.
Please note if you are not required to attend an interview – it will deem that you were unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest in Mary’s Mount Primary School.