Position Vacant – Assistant Principal
PRIMARY / ONGOING / FULL TIME / 1 January 2022
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 24 September 2021
Mary’s Mount is a single stream co-educational Primary School with a current enrolment of 262 students from 3 year old Kindergarten – Year 6, based in the Hills of Perth. We are seeking a suitably qualified, passionate and committed Assistant Principal with a dynamic skill set and a passion for staff growth and development. The successful applicant will join a vibrant school community with strong parental involvement. The school also has a commitment to improve learning outcomes for all students by developing and improving teacher effectiveness and student engagement. We are currently implementing Explicit Instruction Pedagogy across all classes.
Demonstrate a successful record of teaching practice that models quality pedagogy, and have comprehensive knowledge of current educational theories;
- Be highly organised and demonstrate a successful record of administrative experience, with an understanding of accountability and meeting of deadlines;
- Have an understanding of industry accountability standards and processes – EYLF, NQS, QIP, as well as experience in implementing the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and the Australian Teacher Performance and Development Framework;
- Have the ability to engage in reflective dialogue and work with staff in the development of teaching and learning (reflecting the AITSL standards) through:
- observations of instruction
- student work
- assessment data
- Have experience in implementing the WA Curriculum and use of the SCSA judging standards across the key learning areas;
- Be able to support the Principal competently in the four domains of leadership in a Catholic School: Learning Engagement, Accountability, Discipleship;
- Have the ability to analyse and use student data to lead staff in raising student levels of achievement, drive future focus and guide school improvement processes;
- Have a proven ability to lead staff in enhancement of instructional practices, curriculum development and professional learning with a focus on school priorities and goals
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a successful record of developing positive relationships with all stakeholders;
- Possess the expertise and capacity to lead staff in ICT integration into the curriculum and have a sound knowledge of the Leading Lights digital transformation initiative;
- Be a positive and enthusiastic leader who shows initiative and is prepared to be involved in the school’s extra-curricular activities;
- Possess a high level of initiative, innovation and the ability to work as part of a collaborative and dynamic leadership team;
- Have experience in leading the school community in liturgical celebrations and guiding teachers in the implementation of the Religious Education Units of Work.
Demonstrate a passion and talent for the Arts and be able to lead staff and students.
DESIRABLE EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A passion and talent in the Arts and the capacity to lead staff and students in performance.
- Accreditation to Lead in Religious Education or working towards Accreditation for Leadership
- Active membership of the Catholic Church, as evidenced by a Parish Priest reference;
- Have relevant four year tertiary qualification
- Accreditation for Leadership in a Catholic School
- Have a minimum of seven years education experience
Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, with an opening letter / teaching philosophy to the Principal, including names and contact numbers of three referees, one of whom must be the current employer and Parish Priest.
Applications close: 24 September 2021
Short listing: 28 September 2021
Applicants notified of interview: 28 September 2021
Interviews: 29 September 2021
Successful applicant notified: 30 September 2021
Unsuccessful applicants shortlisted notified: 1 October 2021
Letters of offer and acceptance: 1 October 2021
Should circumstances require it, the proposed timeline may be varied and applicants advised accordingly.
Please note if you are not required to attend an interview – it will deem that you were unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest in Mary’s Mount Primary School.